WHAT ARE LEx LOCALCIRCLES?
LEx LocalCircles (LC’s) are self-forming and self-governing impact teams of up to 12 accomplished peers from diverse sectors and demographics, all equally committed to your personal and enterprise success – as you will be to theirs. LC members leverage the proven strengths of peer support networks and LExHub tools to activate personal and enterprise growth and the development of the Projects that will transform leadership narratives, cultures and practices in their community.
As a foundational element of Leaders Expedition, the LEx LocalCircle (LC) is the key to CONNECTING accomplished people in a global community, EMPOWERING those people and MOBILIZING them to TRANSFORM the world consistent with the spirit and substance of the LEx Tenets.
LC’s are made up of a maximum of 12 members. One of our core values is that diversity unlocks innovation, enhances performance and drives successful outcomes. It is therefore essential that members of the LEx LC strive to represent the broad diversity of your community – by age, gender, culture, sector, race, education and experience. You may only be a member of one LC at a time.
Each LC will utilize the passions, connections and resources of their members to transform their local community through Projects.
WHY SET UP A LEx LOCALCIRCLE?
1. Turn Your Ideas Into Reality
• Using the LEx LocalCircle framework and the LEx global community/infrastructure, members will develop and/or participate in a personal advisory board that elevates each member’s leadership development helping each to achieve their leadership aspirations.
• Tap into LEx’s extensive network of high-impact activators from a diverse range of disciplines and sectors, from industry and governments to academia, and NGOs.
• Access to LEx’s key information on how to successfully set up an effective LEx LocalCircle personal advisory board.
2. “Keep it Glocal”. Global Application, Local Impact
• Be part of one of a global community of multi-disciplinary leaders - each committed to the LEx Tenets.
• Connect to and collaborate with peers around the world who are working on projects like yours.
• Travel and join our global community events.
• Have the chance to host or attend a regional LEx summit/conference.
3. Mentorship and Coaching Opportunities
• Build your own support community of like-minded local peers who will work with you to shape the future of leadership and your leadership future, helping elevate and accelerate your leadership aspirations.
• Guidance and support from LEx staff, resources, network and alumni.
• Create lasting relationships with the future’s most innovative leaders.
The primary goal of LEx LocalCircles is to give existing and aspiring leaders the opportunity to foster their own local peer support network and to act on an existential leadership crisis in their community.
LEx sees the LocalCircle initiative as a foundational element of what we do and will expect LocalCircles to achieve a certain level of activity each year. As accelerators of our movement, Circle hosts should be ready to devote time to this initiative and be inspired by the results.
LC’s must meet at least once per month but are encouraged to do other activities together as long as they align with the LEx Tenets.
LC's monthly meetings are structured 2.5-hour meetings - modelled on proven executive peer networking and support programs - that provide powerful personal and enterprise networking opportunities, as well as the opportunity for members to interact and share with the LEx LC their knowledge, expertise and passion. Most importantly, it is during the monthly meetings that members will conceive and manage the Projects that will transform their community.
Projects are the front-line instruments of impact for LEx. They leverage the resources, energy and station of the LC members – AND the global LEx community – to seek to change the practices, narratives and cultures of leadership in their community, consistent with the LEx Tenets and the LEx Moonshot.
LC Projects are opportunities that fall under the following scope:
INTERESTED?Great! You can join an existing LC, or reach out to LEx Centre to start one yourself. Please see below a list of LCs that are currently recruiting new members.
- executed within the territory/geography as represented by the LC members.
- advance in some way leadership consistent with the LEx Tenets, either by advancing and/or elevating the LEx community, or influencing/impacting the practice of leadership within the communities in which we reside.
- provide a measurable ROI – both Return on Investment and Return on Impact
- associated with, and relevant to, one of the 15 LEx Affiliation