The Legal Stuff
Code of Conduct
Discussion Group Etiquette
Advertising and Self-Promotion
Basis for Termination/Removal
How to Report Abuse
The LEx HUB exists for the benefit of its members - to promote connection, discovery, the sharing of ideas and of collaboration. To ensure the best possible experience for all members, we have established some basic guidelines for participation. These rules are in place to make sure the LEx HUB is a fun, safe and inspiring one. It boils down to common sense, basic courtesy and respect.
Respect the purpose of the community and its values: By joining and using this community, you agree that you have read and will follow these rules and guidelines. You also agree to reserve discussions and shared files and content to that best suited to the medium. This is a great medium with which to solicit the advice of your peers, benefit from their experience, and participate in an ongoing conversation. (If you need a refresher on our value system, you can review the LEx Tenets and the Membership Pledge)
Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important guidelines. If you have questions, contact us. In order to preserve an environment that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate membership in this community for anyone who violates these rules.
The Legal Stuff
This site is provided as a service for the members of Leaders Expedition. Leaders Expedition is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. We disclaim all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by Leaders Expedition or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall Leaders Expedition be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants Leaders Expedition and users of this site the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
Leaders Expedition does not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to the attention of Leaders Expedition, we will take all appropriate action.
Leaders Expedition reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines without notice or comment.
Any personal information you provide to us including and similar to your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address will not be released, sold, or rented to any entities or individuals outside of our organization except as noted below.
With Whom Do We Share the Personal Information We Collect Through This Site:
Our Service Providers
We may share your personal information with companies (including our affiliates) that perform services on our behalf, for example, companies that help process credit card payments. Our service providers are required by contract to protect the confidentiality of the personal information we share with them and to use it only to provide specific services on our behalf.
Government and Legal Disclosures
We may disclose the personal information we collect through this Site, when we, in good faith, believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law (or a court order or subpoena); to prevent or investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft; to enforce our Terms and Conditions or other agreements that govern your use of this Site; or to protect the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, or others.
Remember The Risks Whenever You Use The Internet
While we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us and you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any passwords or other account information. In addition, other Internet sites or services that may be accessible through our site have separate data and privacy practices independent of us, and therefore we disclaim any responsibility or liability for their policies or actions. Please contact those sites directly if you have any questions about their privacy policies. For any other information please contact us using the Contact Us page.
Code of Conduct:
We are united by our commitment to, and observance of the LEx Tenets and the Membership Pledge you accepted in joining The Leaders Expedition. We reserve the right to remove any member who does not align or fails to respect the standard set by LEx Tenets and Membership Pledge without notice or comment.
When interacting on the LEx HUB, please observe the following code of conduct:
- Lead by example. Make newcomers feel welcome, be helpful to others, and keep things constructive. The best way to deal with negative or hurtful people is to ignore them. Report abuse to LEx and alert us to problem content or users. By being positive you encourage others to do the same.
- Treat others with courtesy and respect. Focus on the content of posts and not on the people making them. Please extend the benefit of the doubt to newer guests and members; there’s no such thing as a stupid question.
- Mind your Language and Tone. Remember that your tone can easily be misinterpreted in print, so take care in your choice of language. The LEx Community is a global family so you are likely to encounter people of different points of view, styles, confidence levels and experiences. Show respect for these differences and try not to take things too personally.
- Have integrity. Be sincere and truthful. Don’t get yourself into trouble by defaming and harassing people, impersonating others, spamming, posting inappropriate materials, violating the privacy of others, and engaging in or plotting illegal activities.
- Be Yourself. Never impersonate other people or hide behind handles. The internet provides a certain degree of anonymity, which may lead some people to say things that they would not say in person. Please do not be one of those people!
- Share Stories and Experiences, Not Advice. Nothing builds a beautiful conversation faster than sharing your stories and experiences, and nothing shuts one down faster than just posting advice. If you’ve written the words, “you should…” hold up. On the other hand, if you find yourself writing, “In my experience…” keep going!
- Be open to discuss ideas and outcomes, not personal affiliations. We all have our own political and religious affiliations. The LEx HUB is not the place to promote either. Our focus is on discussing ideas and outcomes.
- Be safe and smart when interacting with others. LEx is not responsible for the actions of our users.
- Use common sense. Before you act on information you’ve found within or through the LEx Community, confirm any facts that are important to your decision. We encourage you to exercise healthy skepticism and good judgment. Make your own inquiries, especially around subjects like health and safety.
Discussion Group Etiquette:
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- When posting items in our collaborative environment, please indicate if the item is not available for reuse. It’s also advisable to contact the owner of any material if you would like to reuse it.
- Respect intellectual property. Post content that you have personally created or have permission to use and have properly attributed to the content creator.
- Use caution when discussing products. The information posted on the discussion groups and in the libraries is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- You are responsible for your interactions with other users. LEx reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other users and to prohibit your use of the LEx HUB.
- Post your message or documents only to the most appropriate communities. This helps ensure all messages receive the best response by eliminating "noise."
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals, not to the entire list. Do this by using the "Reply to Sender" link in every message.
Advertising and Self-Promotion:
- Do not send administrative messages, such as “remove me from the list,” to the group. Instead, use the web interface to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list. If you are changing email addresses, you do not need to remove yourself from the list and rejoin under your new email address. Simply change your settings.
A key benefit of LEx membership is to be able to - consistent with, and pursuant to, our value system - promote ones' business interests and to thus solicit revenue generating opportunities as well as other solicitations such as requests for capital, expertise or connections etc. LEx neither endorses nor guarantees the accuracy or propriety of any such solicitation.
However, the use of the LEx HUB for the generation of multi-level marketing and other unsolicited promotions and/or advertising to LEx members is not acceptable.
Basis for Termination/Removal:
We reserve the right to remove any member who fails to respect the Code of Conduct and the standards set by the LEx Tenets and Membership Pledge. Specifically, the following actions will result in a warning or immediate termination of your membership:
How to Report Abuse:
- Don’t Impersonate Another Person. This includes LEx Staff, Volunteers, Members etc. You are awesome – just be yourself! If it comes to our attention that you are impersonating someone else, this will result in immediate termination of your membership.
- Use Profane Language. Look, we get it, humans swear. But go easy or we will have to tone you down. Please do not use inappropriate language. Remember, even if it is not offensive to you, it might be to other people.
- Bullying - Our bullying policy is simple: NO BULLYING in any form will be tolerated. This also includes any way of defamation and/or harassment.
- Sharing ideas and healthy debate are excellent, and you can participate without being offensive, humiliating or intimidating. Discrimination on the basis of race, creed, colour, ethnic origin, ancestry, citizenship, political or religious affiliation, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital or socioeconomic status, identity, disability or physical characteristics is forbidden and will not be tolerated.
- Trolls are people who post messages or content deliberately designed to make others angry. Any member who engages in trolling will be immediately removed. Replying to or arguing with a Troll only encourages them. The best pest-control is to ignore them and alert LEx to them.
- Political Campaigning. While discussions around public policy are welcome, the dissemination of overt political propaganda and/or campaigning is not allowed on the LEx Hub - our goal is to remain as broadly a-political as possible.
- Religious Content. Likewise, while we have discussion groups that focus on spirituality and religion, religious content that seeks to recruit and or otherwise convert LEx members to a specific religion is not allowed.
- graphic, pornographic, obscene, gory or scary content including, but not limited to, graphic animal photos that could upset others;
- false, inaccurate or misleading information;
- any content that plagiarizes or infringes a third party’s rights (such as copyright, publicity or privacy);
- illegal content or content that encourages others to commit illegal activities;
- libellous, threatening or harassing content.